Monday, March 16, 2009

Cake walk



Dragged myself out of bed at 5.30am, after what felt like about 10 mins of sleep, to take personalised cakes and press releases around all of the major radio stations in London. Just the very fact I'm writing this in a normal, conversational tone makes me wonder if I'm losing my mind...

Luckily, it was all worthwhile. I sweet-talked security at Capital FM, went up and gave cakes to reception, and engaged in banterous conversation about 'the best job in the world'. After about 20 minutes, they were completely behind my campaign and told me, with a wink, that they'd see what they could sort out for me. Legends. A few hours later I received a call from the producer asking me to do a live interview on the breakfast show the following morning! What lovely, lovely people!

Met the other candidates for a press stunt at Big Ben in the afternoon. It's so nice to be around other people who are as obsessed with the Great Barrier Reef and 'the best job' as I am. I'm pretty sure I managed to persuade a non-English speaking Romanian couple to take their next holiday on Hamilton island, even if they did leave looking a little confused...

I was so knackered in the evening that Michelle offered to cook me dinner on the condition that I accompanied her on a road trip to pick up her new sat nav. We got lost on the way... oh the irony...

No comments:

Post a Comment