Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An Absolute success...


'Tis the final day of wild card votes guys, so I trust you are all busy voting away (for ME, Simon - don't be tempted by the sensual lure of those foreign females...). I've done the maths and I need 147,000 votes to win this, so if you could each set up 100 email accounts today, we may just swing it yet...

So, I'm currently sitting on the floor of a central London bank and have just unplugged a lamp so I can charge my laptop and write to you. Not sure if this is socially acceptable behaviour, but when you've got to blog, you've got to blog...

Judging by the number of texts that have just crippled the last, unstable leg of my poor, pre-historic phone's life - most of you already know this... but, for the audibly unaware amongst you -I managed to blag myself a live studio interview on the Absolute (formerly Virgin) breakfast show this morning. Score! It's amazing what a few bikini clad cakes and a little bit of press release banter can get you...

I did intend to lavish the radio staff with the remainder of my creative cake selection, however, the 4.30 am start to my day induced me into a trainy trance for the majority of my journey to Absolute. Consequently, I accidentally left my bag of cakes on the carriage as I alighted... (better the cakes than my laptop, at least). I can only imagine the joy some unsuspecting soul had this morning - calling security for a terrorist bomb alert - only to find 24 little fairy cakes with a semi-nude girl prancing around on each icing topper...

The breakfast show was great fun and they offered me a job if I don't manage to secure the 'best job in the world', so it's a win/win situation really (although I'm 99% sure they were joking). The BBC filmed the whole thing plus a couple of extra bits, and I also secured an interview for Southern FM and persuaded an internet cafe full of people to place their votes. It's been a pretty busy morning.

Listen to audio here

Right, I'm being moved on... apparently it's not a customer's right to rearrange bank furniture for their own convenience. Fair enough really.

On one last note, may I wish Miss Cat Lane the happiest of happy 24th birthdays. I pray that we reunite for belated birthday celebrations on Hamilton Island...

Have a good day folks...

Sahara xx

1 comment:

  1. You were fantastic on the radio - and easily the best video for the island job (trust me - I watched a lot them). My, how fate can play games with us sometimes!

    ReplyDelete