Monday, March 30, 2009

Starting the day with a bang

This morning I woke up and had a 'lightbulb' moment...

Lying in bed, I reflected on the beautiful moment whilst making my application video, when my llama decided it wasn't cut out for such a show-biz lifestyle and spat in my face as I attempted to film it. I lay there feeling a little sad that such delightful footage was now in the hands of a thief, when I suddenly remembered that I had copied my memory card onto CD before my USB stick had been stolen. Was it possible that the out-takes from my video were on it, and had survived? Surely I would've copied that clip, along with plenty of other failed filming attempts involving various confused Peruvians?

I jumped out of bed and rooted through my travel bag until found the CD. Eagerly posting it into my laptop, I crossed my fingers in anticipation, muttering "come on, come on!" under my breath. 

Unfortunately, it seems I didn't think to copy the footage I wasn't using for the video, and only two sorry out-takes survive. Sadly, the CD had also been made the day before I had filmed the llama-spitting glory, so you will have to imagine how funny that was (Oh Lord - it really, really was funny).

On the plus side, I also found a mini stick of dynamite in my bag that I'd completely forgotten about. Apparently I've been carrying it around with me for two whole months, ever since it was given to me in a Bolivian mine back in January. Nice. I'm not sure how impressed US airport security would have been, had they found it in my hand luggage on my flight back to the UK. Sure, it's only small, but I don't think that would necessarily have been considered an adequate explanation for smuggling explosives onto an aeroplane...

Imaginary conversation:

US Airport Security: "S'cuse me Ma'am...what's this?" (points at dynamite)
Me: "Erm... a stick of dynamite?"
US Airport Security: "Ma'am, I'm afraid I can't allow you to take that onto the aeroplane"
Me: "Oh come on... it's only little!"
US Airport Security: "Oh, ok (winks)... run along then scamp..."

Still, luckily they didn't find it, so Adelaide and I set it off in the garden.

It wasn't as impressive as I'd hoped.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy that you wrote that in an American accent

    x

    ReplyDelete